iMe Movement: Pornography/Gaming Addiction Recovery for TEENS
July 15 @ 3:00 pm - 5:30 pm
Recovery Support Group for TEENS seeking to find freedom from various behavioural addictions such as gaming, pornography, social media etc. but with a strong focus on pornography.
The program is designed to educate and empower TEENS seeking to find freedom from gaming and/or pornography addiction. The program was developed in partnership with Aquila Counseling Services, and has been running with a high success rate over the last 2 years.
WHAT DOES THE PROGRAM ENTAIL:
The iMe Recovery program runs over a period of 12 weeks.
The program is set up as an out-patient support group; meeting once a week; for 12 consecutive weeks; with 6-10 group members.
The Program takes the participants through 3 distinct phases:
- PHASE 1 – KNOW – building of knowledge about the dangers of the addiction and its detrimental effects.
- PHASE 2 – GROW – A process of self discovery and exploration of the underlying deficiencies that make us more vulnerable to addiction.
- PHASE 3 – GO – Finding our purpose, Fine tuning our plans and getting ready to remain steadfast in a digital environment.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN DURING THE 12 WEEKS:
- Identifying addictive behaviour
- A better understanding of self; i.e. predisposition, vulnerabilities, triggers, etc.
- Practical tools to avoid and resist temptation,
- How to deal with withdrawal,
- Self-worth: Your original plan and purpose
- Future-proofing: Living effectively and unaccountably in a digital world
WHAT IS THE FORMAT OF THE GROUP:
Participants meet once a week in a casual but private setting to receive knowledge and share learnings with one another.
WHAT is the qualifying criteria:
Teens 13-19 Struggling with gaming / pornography addiction, keen to live a healthier lifestyle.
WHAT WILL IT COST?
The cost for the 12 week program is R1950
The program can be paid in three installments over the course of the 12 weeks (R650/m)
It includes one Qustodio license worth R700 – (12 months subscription for 5 devises)
WHEN AND WHERE:
The program is hosted by The (Baptist) Fellowship, 20 Waratah Ave & Newark St, MelkBosstrand, Cape Town, 7441
The meetings take place once a week, on Monday afternoons 15h00 – 17h30
WHERE DO I SIGN UP…